Careers With Land Trust Of Napa County
Reward yourself with a career in conservation. Land Trust of Napa County is a community-based nonprofit dedicated to preserving the character of Napa by permanently protecting land. We collaborate with the community to protect our most cherished places, while supporting our economic livelihood and well-being. For Napa County this means protecting farmland, water resources, recreational areas and wildlife corridors.
Land Trust of Napa County is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Job Openings:
Combine your extensive experience in financial management with your passion for preserving our environment by joining our leadership team. As our Finance Manager, you would manage all aspects of our financial operations including strategy, planning / budgeting, and the day-to-day financial and accounting administration. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit financial management and a strong connection to our mission of protecting farmland, water resources, recreational areas and wildlife corridors.
Land Trust of Napa County is a community-based nonprofit dedicated to preserving and protecting land. In our 43-year history, we’ve completed 225 projects, protecting 73,848 acres of land – 14.6% of Napa County.
- Collaborates with the CEO and Administrative Director to establish, maintain, and improve financial processes
- Works with Development staff for proper and accurate coding of all gifts into Raiser’s Edge
- Manages auditing, budgeting, financial reporting, cash and investment management, IRS 990 reporting, and internal policies and procedures
- Manages weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual close including: AP and AR coding, bank and Investment reconciliations
- Processes fixed asset, payroll transactions, general ledger and adjusting entries; ensures accuracy
- Maintains accounting records and Chart of Accounts
- Coordinates activities with the clerical accounting staff
Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborates with the CEO and Administrative Director to build, streamline and manage financial and reporting systems
- Interprets accounting reports to management, the Finance and Investment Committee, the Audit Committee and the Board of Trustees
- Works with the CEO to draft financial narrative and all financial reports for the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees meetings
- Works with senior staff to support the effectiveness in program financial management, grant budgeting and planning and related activities; works with managers to track financial information
- Coordinates and develops an annual budget and forecast; works with managers to oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of department operating budget
- Serves as the primary contact for the Investment Advisors and financial account managers
- Remains up-to-date on accounting methodologies and procedures, all federal, state, and local legal requirements; advises the CEO and Administrative Director on needed action
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Serves as lead contact for the auditors, Audit Committee, Finance and Investment Committee
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Committed to the mission of Land Trust of Napa County
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance or comparable experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in financial management and nonprofit accounting; knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, or similar software
- Strong problem solving, analytical, creative and strategic thinking skills
- Able to work with staff, Board of Trustees, Committees, and high level volunteers and donors
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), presentation skills; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor, train and motivate staff
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality
- Flexibility and sense of humor
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and salary expectations to: NapaLTFinanceMgr@gmail.com — please put “Finance Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Land Trust of Napa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer